ATVs Maras Moray - Group Service
Enjoy what the Maras Moray ATVs Adventure has in store for you:
Do you have little time and want to live an adventure out of the ordinary? We offer you the Maras and Moray Tour in ATVs, half a day in which you can discover the essence of the Sacred Valley, its archaeological centers, part of its Andean towns and visionary spaces for agriculture, astronomy and advances of the Inca empire.
In addition to experiencing multiple emotions on ATVs and contact with the Andean people, you get to know two places full of charm such as the Salineras de Maras and the circular platforms of Moray; In the first, you will see the artisan process of extraction of pink salt in an imposing mountain; while the second shows the beautiful and ingenious circular terraces of Moray, the ancient agricultural laboratory of the Incas.
This tour offers, in addition to the spectacular landscape of the Andean mountain range of Peru, its mythological, cultural, architectural wealth of the ingenious Inca Empire, with risk, action and speed in ATVs.
As it is not the same to describe the experience than to live it; just look at the photo gallery to start your journey through them.
Maras Moray Tour Itinerary:
07:00: Pick up from lodging - Cruzpata - Moray
This exciting tour starts at 7:00 am, when a professional guide passes through the accommodation at the Cruzpata town, a journey of approximately 50 minutes enjoying the scenic and architectural beauty of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
In this place our Guru Explorers will give instructions for the ATV tour, especially taking into consideration the practice of some maneuvers and the proper use of safety equipment.
The time has come to live an extreme adventure on four wheels, for 2 hours towards Moray, until reaching the archaeological site that shows the visionary Inca agro-technology, in an ingenious system of circular platforms, where the Andean crops were diversified in terraces that they reflect the genetic evolution of their crops.
The route to Maras continues in private vehicles, to prevent road risks on the route. In the Salineras de Maras you know the artisanal exploitation of pink salt, in more than 3,000 pools dug on a mountain (3,380 masl / 11,080 ft) using the same artisanal method used by the Incas.
12:00 – 13:00: Return to Cusco
After knowing part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, it is time to return to Cusco, arriving at approximately 1:00 p.m. specifically to your accommodation.
In short, the best gift you can give your life is to fill it with adventures discovering new destinations. Great that it's on ATVs! With the company, guide and experience of a Guru Explorer.
Price of the Maras Moray Adventure in ATVs includes:
- Departure from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco. The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Return to Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco) (Historic Center of the city).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish (other languages are available on private tours).
- First aid and oxygen.
Price of the Maras Moray Adventure in ATVs excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (in private tours, ask for extra costs to pick up from the Sacred Valley or other places).
- Travel insurance for the passenger.
- Insurance for the ATV.
- Tips for the guide.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
- Partial Tourist Ticket: See information below.
- Entrance ticket to Salineras: adults and students: S / 10.00.
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entry to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that they only accept payment in cash and in local currency).
- For this tour, you will need the Circuit III - Partial Tourist Ticket, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S /. 70.00
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvians S /. 40.00
- See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this ARTICLE.
What to Bring
What to bring to the Maras Moray Adventure?
- Comfortable and optimal footwear for walks, warm jacket, caps or hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, bottles of water, clothing or rain poncho (especially between November - April).
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, camcorders)
- Cash (Local currency / Soles (S/.)
What considerations you should have when taking the Maras Moray Adventure:
- You can include the tickets to the attractions - as an additional - in the process of contracting the Tour, or purchase it on your own directly at the place with payment in cash (prices of entrance tickets may vary without prior notice).
- The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
Terms and Conditions
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Rates applied for change of date in group tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- Subject to availability.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Maras Moray Sacred Valley Tour in ATVs. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Maras Moray? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER