If you are traveling or planning to make your adventure to Cusco unforgettable, the purchase of the Tourist Ticket is a detail that you cannot miss. We are also travelers and we understand that sometimes it is difficult to understand how it works, so we will delve into all the details you need to know.
In the “Navel of the World” you have an excellent option to visit archaeological centers and tourist attractions. Therefore, we believe that answering these questions will give you a good overview to get to know the BTC
What is the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Cusco Tourist Ticket is an entrance ticket that will allow you to visit the most important attractions: archaeological sites, museums, monuments and other heritage of Peru. They are administered by the Ministry of Culture.
There are many variants of the Tourist Ticket, which can be classified as Partial (of one of the three circuits) and Integral, which allows access to 16 attractions in different areas. However, there are many attractions that are not included in the Cusco Tourist Ticket, such as the salt mines of Maras, the Cathedral of Cusco and Qorikancha. This is because they are administered by other institutions, so we generally provide particular advice on these destinations at the time of purchasing our tours.
The BTC can offer you the possibility to visit between four and 16 destinations. The choice will depend on your time, tastes and budget.
What places can I visit with the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
This access ticket allows you to visit 16 tourist sites: specifically, 6 museums, places and monuments in the center of Cusco, 6 attractions around the city and 4 archaeological sites in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
The ticket is valid for 10 consecutive days.
Partial Ticket Types
With the Partial Ticket – Circuit 1 you get to know extraordinary places full of history and charm in the surroundings of Cusco.
- Puka Pukara
With 2 consecutive days of opportunity, the Partial Ticket – Circuit 2 gives you access to tourist sites in the center of the ancient Inca capital.
- Regional Historical Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Popular Art
- Qorikancha Site Museum
- Qosqo Native Art Center
- Monument to the Inca Pachacuteq
The third option is used in 4 impressive archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This Partial Ticket – Circuit 3 is valid for 2 successive days.
What tours can I do with the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
Our Cusco Tours cover a great part of the attractions that are included in the Cusco Tourist
Ticket. For this reason, you will have the possibility to choose which one to visit, through our wide catalog of destinations in this incredible region.
However, if you decide to do a specific tour, we recommend opting for a Partial Ticket. Here are some ideas:
- To do the Cusco City Tour you can purchase the Partial Ticket – Circuit 1
- Museums and South Valley Partial Ticket – Tour 2
- To make the tours to Sacred Valley and Maras Moray you can opt for the Partial Ticket – Circuit 3.
In this last destination you will have an additional option of the Salinas de Maras, whose entrance can be purchased directly at the entrance of this beautiful attraction (S/. 10). Remember that part of our service is to offer you advice and manage all the paperwork, so that you only have to come and enjoy.
What is the difference between the Integral and partial Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Integral is the most complete and gives you access to 16 sites that you can visit in 10 consecutive days. The Partial Tourist Tickets are valid from 1 to 2 days and you can visit between 4 to 8 places in three specific circuits.
The first circuit gives you access to archaeological sites around Cusco in the area of Saqsaywaman, the second opens the doors to areas of tourist interest in Cusco and its surroundings. The third circuit ticket allows you to enter spaces full of charm, history and archaeology of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
How much does the Cusco Tourist Ticket cost?
The BTC has a value between 40 and 130 soles, although it depends mainly on the type of ticket. If you are Peruvian, you must have a valid card from the National Superintendence of Higher Education SUNEDU. On the other hand, for foreigners, a valid International Student Identicard or ISIC is required.
In the case of representatives of minors, they must show their children’s identity documents to obtain free access. In the case of children under 9 years old and special discount for teenagers from 10 to 17 years old.
We believe it will be easier to visualize the prices in a table.
Where can I buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The only way to buy the Integral or Partial Tourist Ticket online is through travel
agencies such as Guru Explorers. If you travel with us, we make the arrangements to buy in advance and without worries.
Just let us know!
You can also buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket in person, not virtually, in all the places included in the ticket, except the Pachacutec Monument and the Museum of Contemporary Art.
On the other hand, you can find the ticket available at the following offices under the Ministry of Culture:
- Committee of Integrated Cultural Tourist Services Cusco.
- COSITUC: Av. El Sol 103 Galerías Turísticas. Cusco. Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 18:00.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket Office
- OFEC: Calle Garcilaso s/n, Cusco (Mon-Sat from 8:00 to 17:00 h, Sundays from 8:00 to 20:00)
How many times can I use the Ticket?
This entry can be used once per site and must be used within the established validity period. This is taking into account the date of the ticket. The BTC is for personal use and is non-transferable.
What requirements must I present to purchase the Ticket?
- Present valid identification.
- Payment is in cash and local currency (Soles).
- In case of being a national tourist, present your ID or CE.
- Foreigners must show a passport.
- Presenting a photocopy of personal documents.
Important Facts about the Cusco Tourist Ticket
- The validity of the Tourist Ticket is established from the day of purchase (check the validity on each ticket).
- The ticket is personal and non-transferable.
- The purchase of the ticket does not include tour guide service.
- The ticket can only be used once in each place visited.
- You can purchase the ticket at any time, we recommend doing it in advance. You should consider that lines usually form and it is better to take precautions.
- There is no limited sales capacity of the Ticket.
- To purchase the ticket, you must present valid identification documents.
- Children under 9 years of age enter free of charge to all tourist attractions included in the Tourist Ticket.
- You must use bio-sanitary measures to purchase tickets and enter the attractions.
- The BTC ticket can only be purchased in person at authorized offices in the city of Cusco. In all cases, a member of Guru Explorers will make the arrangements for your comfort and safety.
The BTC ticket can only be purchased in person at authorized offices in the city of Cusco. In all cases, a member of Guru Explorers will make arrangements for your comfort and safety.