Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas + Maras Moray
Discover the experience that the Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas + Maras Moray has for you.
Make the most of your stay in Cusco with the complete Sacred Valley of the Incas + Maras Moray Tour that takes you in a personalized experience, to the main attractions that the Inca Empire left us as a legacy. Here you will be able to appreciate incredible landscapes, glaciers on mountains, parks, archaeological sites among many historic monuments. This is the perfect opportunity to come into direct contact with its inhabitants and discover the wonderful Peruvian culture.
This tour is one of the most popular that exist in Cusco and South America! Your trip starts with the majestic panoramic view of this sacred area, from the Mirador de Taray that announces a full day exploring the religious places, temples, archaeological and cultural sites of the towns of Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, where you can appreciate and buy handmade jewelry from Peru.
In Moray you will visit the natural sanctuary, the main source of food for the Inca culture, thanks to its climatic and geographical qualities that make it the cradle of the main agricultural techniques such as terraces.
The tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas + Maras Moray, composes 2 tours compacted into one, allowing you to expand the experience in a day of maximum emotions and adventures. It also helps to acclimatize to the altitude, to undertake new excursions to Machu Picchu or other places.
Just take a look of the pictures of this incredible tour and you will see that you cannot leave Cusco without doing it!
Itinerary of the Sacred Valley Tour in private service:
06:30: Lodging Pick-up - Sacred Valley
The adventure begins between 6:00am and 6:30am. After breakfast a member of Guru Explorers will pick you up at the hotel to start the journey to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The first station is the Taray Viewpoint that allows you to capture the best panoramic views of the Sacred Valley, the snow-capped mountains and crops dressing the mountains as carpets of different shades of green.
Then you will visit the ruins of Pisac, the most extensive fortress of the Inca civilization, an impressive archaeological center in a community that you will visit the traditional market of the village.
We will have Lunch in the economic center of the Sacred Valley, Urubamba, where you enjoy a delicious buffet (vegan and vegetarian options available) in one of the best restaurants in the area.
Then, you will visit the attractive town of Chinchero that still keeps alive the Andean culture with a perfect blend of Inca and colonial architecture. You observe the artisanal processing of wool and locally manufactured textiles made with ancestral techniques.
After recharging your batteries, you enjoy a stop at the archaeological site of Moray, an ancient experimental laboratory of Inca agriculture, where an ingenious circular system of terraces stands out, whose terraces reflect the genetic evolution, management and diversification of many Andean crops.
Then you admire the charm of the more than 3,000 salt wells dug by hand, which make up the Maras salt mines at 3,380 meters above sea level (11,080 ft) that still operate in an artisanal way, giving the view a unique landscape among the mountains.
Later you arrive at the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, known as the Living City that exhibits impressive constructions and agricultural terraces erected on the slopes of the mountains.
18:30 – 19:00: Return to Cusco
After a day full of adventures connected with the magic of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will return to Cusco to your hotel or Plaza Regocijo in downtown Cusco, around 6:30 - 7:00 pm.
With Guru Explorers you have lived an incomparable adventure, more than knowing a destination, you connect with the nature of the Peruvian Andes, you discover the inventiveness, strength, tenacity and culture of the Inca Empire.
Price of the Sacred Valley Tour includes:
- Departure from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco. The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Return to Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco) (Historic Center of the city).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for these or other languages).
- First aid and oxygen.
Price of the Sacred Valley Tour excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (for private tours, ask if extra costs apply to pick up from the Sacred Valley or other places).
- Tips for the guide.
- Lunch Buffet (can be added in the purchase process).
- Breakfast, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
- Tourist ticket (can be purchased as an extra).
- Entrance ticket to the salt mines of Maras (can be purchased as an extra).
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entry to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that they only accept payment in cash and in local currency).
- For this tour, you will need the Circuit III - Partial Tourist Ticket, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S /. 70.00
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvians S /. 40.00
- See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this ARTICLE.
What to Bring
What to bring:
- Comfortable and optimal footwear for walks, warm jacket, caps or hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, bottles of water, clothing or rain poncho (especially between November - April).
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, camcorders)
- Cash (Local currency / Soles (S/.)
Considerations for the Sacred Valley + Maras Moray tour:
- You can include the tickets to the attractions - as an additional - in the process of contracting the Tour, or purchase it on your own directly at the place with payment in cash (prices of entrance tickets may vary without prior notice).
- The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however, they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Terms and Conditions
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Rates applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature.
We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Sacred Valley tour.
If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to the Sacred valley of the Incas? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER