Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour
Conect and discover the experience that the Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour has for you:
Discover some of the most important places of the Inca Empire, through the complete experience offered by the Private Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, one of the most important destinations in South America.
A full-day excursion that allows you to explore the religious places, temples, archaeological and cultural sites of the towns of Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, and also, appreciate the majestic panoramic view of this sacred area, from the Mirador de Taray.
In the private experience, you have the possibility of adding and enjoying an exquisite buffet lunch in one of the best tourist restaurants in Urubamba, where you delight your palate with the best flavors of Peruvian cuisine as well as vegetarian and vegan options. In addition, we adapt to your schedule and rhythm so that the experience is the best.
Look at some of the photos of these incredible attractions and you will see why you cannot leave Cusco without doing this tour with Guru Explorers!
Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour Itinerary:
8:00: Pick up from hotel – Transport to Sacred Valley
The adventure begins after breakfast. A professional guide from Guru Explorers picks you up at the Hotel at 8:00 in direction to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. On the way you enjoy the Taray viewpoint, where you can capture unparalleled views of the Sacred Valley, the Snowy Mountainss and crops, dressing the mountains as carpets of different green tones.
Immediately you get to know the Ruins of Pisac, the most extensive fortress of the Inca civilization, an impressive archaeological center and an ancient center for astronomical studies, in a community that you will be able to visit when visiting the traditional market of the town
To enjoy lunch, we stop in Urubamba where a delicious buffet (vegan and vegetarian options available) is available in one of the best restaurants in the area.
After the rest, you visit the archaeological zone of Ollantaytambo, which exhibits impressive constructions and agricultural terraces erected on the slopes of the mountains; then you explore the Living City that preserves the same streets and houses as in the Inca period.
Before ending the tour, the last stop in Chinchero allows you to get to know a beautiful town that still preserves the living Andean culture and where you appreciate the perfect mix between Inca and colonial architecture. We will visit a textile center, where you learn about the artisanal processing of wool and locally made textiles made with ancestral techniques.
18:30 – 19:00: Return to Cusco
After a day full of adventures in which you have visited the main tourist attractions of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, it is time to return to Cusco, arriving at Plaza Regocijo around 6:30 - 7:00 pm.
It is time to rest after a beautiful day of beautiful places, landscapes, culture and connection with Inca history and mythology that makes you grow and value every second you invest in exploring new routes and destinations.
Price of the Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour includes:
- Departure from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco. The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Return to Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco) (Historic Center of the city).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for these or other languages).
- First aid and oxygen.
Price of the Sacred Valley of the Incas excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco, such as Urubamba, Pisac or others available; you should check if there are any extra charges with Guru Explorers.
- Tips for the guide.
- Buffet lunch (can be added in the purchase process).
- Breakfast, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
- Tourist ticket: see information below (can be purchased as an extra).
- Entrance ticket to the salt mines of Maras (can be purchased as an extra).
What to Bring
What to bring to the Sacred Valley Tour:
- Comfortable and optimal footwear for walks, warm jacket, caps or hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, bottles of water, clothing or rain poncho (especially between November - April).
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, camcorders)
- Cash (Local currency / Soles (S/.)
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entry to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that they only accept payment in cash and in local currency).
- For this tour, you will need the Circuit III - Partial Tourist Ticket, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S /. 70.00
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvians S /. 40.00
- See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this ARTICLE.
What considerations you should have when taking the tour in Cusco:
- You can include the tickets to the attractions - as an additional - in the process of contracting the Tour, or purchase it on your own directly at the place with payment in cash (prices of entrance tickets may vary without prior notice).
- The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
Terms and Conditions
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Rates applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour.
If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to the Sacred Valley of the Incas? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER