Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salt mines of Maras
If you are looking to discover unique sites and combine adventure with nature, then the tour Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salineras de Maras is the one we recommend for you. This unique experience combines beautiful nature and unparalleled panoramic views. In addition, intriguing archaeological sites and the footprint left by the Inca empire.
In addition, you can count on shared and private tours that will broaden your experience in this unique site.
This beautiful experience includes:
- Shared tour Chinchero, Moray and Salineras de Maras
- Private picnic
- Private transportation to Cusco
The salt mines of Maras are located at 3000 meters above sea level, at the foot of the hill, in the form of terraces where the subway water flows underneath. Their origin remains a mystery to this day. Both Moray and the salt mines offer stunning views that blend nature, mythology, culture, tradition and the ingenuity of the Inca empire. All these experiences add a bit of action, speed and fun.
Finally, we will enjoy an outdoor picnic in an exclusive private service, enjoying the nature around us before returning to the meeting point.
And although it is not the same to tell it as to live it, we invite you to see our photo gallery so you can start your journey through them.
Itinerary of the Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salineras de Maras:
- We pick up the group from Cusco in the morning at around 8:30 am.
- We head to Chinchero, a picturesque village where you will visit a textile complex. This site is unique in its kind and is a center where you will learn about the traditional weaving technique, based on thousands of years of practice and knowledge. We will also take the opportunity to get to know their local customs and learn more about their culture.
- Once we have finished, we will head to Moray, where we will find structures that were part of the Inca Empire, where they harvested different crops, thanks to their microclimates.
- The third stop will be the Salineras, located at 3,380 meters above sea level (11,080 ft) whose charm is the 3 thousand salt wells dug by hand in an imposing mountain, one of the 4 places in the world where pink salt is extracted by hand, with the same ancestral technique of the Incas.
- Once we have finished the aforementioned tours, we will go to the site where we will have a private picnic.
- We will return to Cusco 15:30hs aprox (1 hour by Car from the picnic location).
The price of the Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salt mines of Maras includes:
- Maras Moray shared tour
- Private picnic
- Private transportation from the picnic location to Cusco
- Transfer from the hotel in the historic center of Cusco. Access to the hotel zone is limited by the narrow streets of the city, if necessary, the guide will suggest a nearby point to start the tour.
- Return to the lodge (private tours) or Plaza Regocijo.
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for this or other languages).
Option A - Classic: Cheese board, dried fruits, Masa Madre bread, fruit, seasonal juice, hot drinks, water, coffee and wine.
Option B - Lunch: Main course, fruit water dispenser, dessert.
- Options: Tenderloin, chicken, trout, pork
- Garnishings: Rice, native potatoes, pasta, sautéed vegetables, quinoa
- Vegetarian option: Quinoa with sautéed vegetables or Vegetable Pasta
The price of the Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salt mines of Marasno includes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (for private tours, ask if extra costs apply to pick up from Sacred Valley or other places).
- Tip for the guide.
- Breakfast, lunch or other meals not specified in the itinerary.
- Tourist ticket: see information below.
- Entrance ticket to the salt mines of Maras (adults and students: S/10.00).
- Tourist Ticket: The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entrance to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that only cash payment is accepted).
- For this tour, you will need the Partial Tourist Ticket of Circuit III, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S/. 70.00
Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvian S/. 40.00
See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this article.
What to Bring
What to bring for the Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salt mines of Maras:
- It is recommended to bring: comfortable shoes, light clothing, hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, rain gear (especially in November - April).
- Passport or ID card.
- Travel insurance.
- Audiovisual recording devices (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
- Cash (local currency).
Considerations for the Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salt mines of Maras:
- The streets of the city are narrow, which limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass by looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old.
- It is important that you enjoy a few days in Cusco before doing the tour of Palcoyo, an alternative to the Traditional Rainbow Mountain. This is the only way your body will be adapted to the altitude of the region.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, we will notify you in a timely manner.
- Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however, it may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Not recommended for:
- People with heart problems, back problems, asthma or high blood pressure.
- People in wheelchairs.
- Pregnant women.
Terms and Conditions
- With 3 days or less notice, there will be no reimbursement.
- Between 4 and 7 days’ notice, 70% reimbursement.
- More than 7 days, 90% will be reimbursed.
- Fees applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if notified more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If notified 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and will not be subject to reimbursement.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
We want to be part of the experience that you will live in the Picnic with llamas + Chinchero, Moray & Salt mines of Maras.
If you are still wondering why choose us, we would like you to read 7 outstanding features of our service:
- QUALITY: When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. When it comes to travel, money, time and enjoyment there is a lot to solve and that's what Guru Explorers is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
- EXPERIENCE: To become Guru Explorers, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We experienced bad and good experiences, finding that in the details is the difference, that's why we know what elements are essential for your trip, we are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
- TRANSPARENCY: We are here to provide you with the best information and description of our tours. We are not in favor of hidden costs. We provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
- SAFETY: You trust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
- FLEXIBILITY: Although we have pre-established packages; we adapt to your needs and make tailor-made plans for you to visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of a Guru Explorers. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate travel, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sporting event in your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
- PASSION: Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; that makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for you and those you love.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism without affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive us or their environment. We create experiences that are more humane and respectful of heritage.
Want a different trip? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER