Maras Moray Tour
Discover and live the experience that the Maras Moray Tour has for you:
If there is still some time in your agenda for an adventure, we offer you this super attractive option, the Tour to Maras Moray, an excellent half-day experience in which you get to know a part of the fantastic Sacred Valley.
Discover the spectacular Salineras de Maras, where to this day they work in a traditional way; and visit the ingenious circular terraces of Moray, the ancient agricultural laboratory of the Incas. In both destinations you enjoy stunning views that mix nature, mythology, culture, tradition and the ingenuity of the Inca empire.
Check our gallery and travel through each image with the Guru Explorers so you can enjoy recognized tourist attractions of our Andean culture, which make you travel through geography and time.
As part of the private tour, you can adapt the schedule for your comfort and rhythm. You enjoy the tour exclusively with your private group and our professional guide.
Maras Moray Tour Itinerary:
08:30: Pick up from hotel – Transport to Sacred Valley
The adventure starts after breakfast; Our professional guide picks you up at the hotel at 08:30 for the transfer to Maras, a small colonial town and important salt producing center, thanks to its more than 3000 mines or pools exploited since the Inca era, with an extraction system manual that is maintained today.
After that comes the arrival in Moray, an important archaeological site made up of 3 "coliseums" or terrace systems that the Incas used to experiment with crops from different regions, thanks to an ingenious construction of circular platforms in which they managed microclimates of agricultural production with variation of temperature between the depressions of the terraces due to the orientation of to the sun and wind in the area.
13:30: Return to Cusco
After enjoying some of the most popular attractions in Cusco and Sacred Valley, you return to Cusco, arriving at Plaza Regocijo, downtown Cusco around 2:00 p.m.
Even half a day is more than enough time to live a new adventure with Guru Explorers, allowing you to enjoy, explore and discover the wonders of our beloved Peru.
Consider that for private tours, the schedules can be adapted to a shift in the morning or another in the afternoon (check with our customer service team for more details).
Price of the Maras Moray Tour includes:
- Departure from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco. The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Return to Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco) (Historic Center of the city).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for these or other languages).
- First aid and oxygen.
Price of the Maras Moray Tour excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco, such as Urubamba, Pisac or others available; you should check if there are any extra charges with Guru Explorers.
- Tips for the guide.
- Breakfast, lunch or other food not specified in the itinerary.
- Tourist ticket: see information below (can be purchased as an extra).
- Entrance ticket to the Salineras de Maras (adults and students: S / 10.00)
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entry to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that they only accept payment in cash and in local currency).
- For this tour, you will need the Circuit III - Partial Tourist Ticket, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S /. 70.00
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvians S /. 40.00
- See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this ARTICLE.
What to Bring
What to bring to the Maras Moray Tour?
- It is recommended to bring: comfortable shoes, light clothing, hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, rain gear (especially in November - April).
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
What considerations you should have when taking the Maras Moray Tour:
- You can include the tickets to the attractions - as an additional - in the process of contracting the Tour, or purchase it on your own directly at the place with payment in cash (prices of entrance tickets may vary without prior notice).
- The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
Terms and Conditions
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Rates applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature.
We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Tour to Maras Moray.
If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Maras Moray? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER