The best of Huacachina and Paracas in 2 days
¿ Do you want to get to know ICA and Paracas at your pace? In this 2-day tour we show you the best of these incredible tourist destinations.
Visit the Ballestas Islands, the Paracas Natural Reserve, taste Peruvian pisco at the oldest distillery in America, and dive into the Huacachina oasis!
With this tour you will be able to enjoy these incredible destinations at your own pace, sleep in Huacachina itself and have enough time to take the best pictures during the sunset at the Oasis or in the Paracas Nature Reserve!
As part of the private tour, you will be able to adapt the schedules to your convenience, or include additional services according to what you are looking for.
Attractions to visit:
You will learn about the history and facilities of the oldest distillery in America: La Caravedo, located in Ica and producer of the famous Pisco Portón. Here you will also learn about the process of elaboration of Peruvian Pisco and you will have a tour of the old winery and part of the modern distillery.
It is a small tourist town built around a picturesque lake in the middle of the desert, calling itself the Huacachina Oasis or Oasis of America. It is known for its incredible dunes where you can practice activities such as sandboarding and sandpit rides.
Paracas Ballestas Islands
Small rocky islands in the middle of the Paracas Natural Reserve where thousands of seabirds and hundreds of sea lions find refuge. There are more than 150 species of marine birds including the Humboldt penguin, pelicans, boobies, among others.
Paracas Natural Reserve
With an extension of more than 335 thousand hectares, this incredible reserve will give you unique landscapes and even archaeological remains. The reserve includes marine waters, coasts, subtropical desert and is home to various species of birds, fish and marine mammals.
Don’t miss these popular tourist attractions! Huacachina and Paracas are waiting for you!
Itinerary of the Huacachina & Paracas Tour in 2 days!
06:30 – 10:45 : Pick up from lodging - La Caravedo, Pisco Distillery
The adventure begins when our Guru Explorers representative picks you up at your accommodation around 05:30 am en route to your adventure in Ica (located south of Lima), a stop where you will enjoy a tour to the oldest distillery in America , you will learn about its history, visit its original facilities from 1684 and continue the visit to the modern distillery. Along with this, you can enjoy pisco in different presentations.
We will have free time to enjoy the pool and facilities of the place, as well as to enjoy a delicious lunch.
15:00 – 18:15 : Huacachina
After having enjoyed an excellent tour in the distillery facilities, we will go to the famous Huacachina, where we will receive a small induction and then we will enjoy two hours of the Sandboarding and Sandboxing Tour, with enough time to take the best photos during the sunset and while we learn the best maneuvers to slide through the sand.
After the tour, we will take you to your accommodation and we will give you the general instructions for the tour to Paracas the next day.
8:00 – 10:00 : Ica – Paracas Tour Ballestas Islands
After breakfast, we will leave in search of more adventures to Paracas. Once in town, we will have a little free time while we wait for the start of the tour to the Ballestas Islands, which is at 10:00 am.
10:00 –13:30 Tour Ballestas Islands – Lunch
We will go to the Chaco dock, where we will begin the long-awaited tour to the Ballestas Islands. This tour lasts approximately 2 hours and after that, you will have free time to visit the Paracas boulevard, the handicraft fairs and have lunch with a beautiful view of the sea.
NOTA: during the tour, you will have the opportunity to appreciate rock formations, a variety of seabirds, pelicans, humboldt penguins, sea lions, the popular chandelier (Nazca Line) and more.
13:30 Paracas - Reserva Natural - Retorno a Lima
After lunch, we will continue our tour to the Paracas Natural Reserve, where we will stop at the main viewpoints such as red beach, supay beach, the cathedral, among others. Don't stop taking the best photos in the Reserve!
We will have enough time to appreciate the incredible landscapes that the reserve leaves us, and we recharge our batteries to begin with the return to the capital of Lima arriving at approximately 7pm.
Each experience is unique. Traveling with Guru Explorer makes you discover a new vision not only of Peru, but a connection with what you love to do and a new way of seeing the world.
The price of the tour to Huacachina and Paracas includes:
- Transfers Lima - Ica - Huacachina - Paracas - Lima.
- Professional guide in English and Spanish (other languages are available in private tours).
- Tour to the Ballestas Islands (life jacket & guide).
- Tour to the Bodega.
- Huacachina Sandboarding and Sandpiping Tour.
- All entrance fees (SERNANP, La Caravedo Distillery, Ballestas Islands, Huacachina, Chaco Pier).
- Meals: day 1 (lunch)
The price of the tour to Ica does not include:
- Tips for the guide.
- Meals day 1 (breakfast, dinner), day 2 (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Professional sandboarding equipment.
What to Bring
¿ What to bring for the two-day tour to Huacachina and Paracas?
- Choose comfortable shoes, jacket, caps or hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, clothes.
- Personal hygiene: toothbrush, toothpaste, toothpaste, etc.
- Bathing suit and towel
- Passport or ID card.
- Travel insurance.
- Audiovisual recording devices (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
- Cash (local currency)
Important considerations for the tour to Ica
Due to environmental, climatic or other factors beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, we will notify you in a timely manner.
Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however, it may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field or road conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
Terms and Conditions
- With 3 days or less notice, there will be no reimbursement.
- Between 4 and 7 days’ notice, 70% reimbursement.
- More than 7 days, 90% will be reimbursed.
Changes of date:
- Fees applied for date change in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if notified more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If notified 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and will not be subject to reimbursement.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
We want to be part of this experience where you will live on The best of Huacachina and Paracas in 2 days!
If you are still wondering why choose us, we would like you to read 7 outstanding features of our service:
- QUALITY: When you go to a teacher, it's because you want to answer all the questions. When it comes to travel, money, time and enjoyment we are looking for something similar and that is what Guru Explorers is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
- EXPERIENCE: To become Guru Explorers, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We live bad and good experiences, valuing that in the details is the difference, that's why we know what elements are essential for your trip. ¡We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
- TRANSPARENCY: We are here to provide you with the best information and description of our tours. We do not support hidden costs. We provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
- SAFETY: You trust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
- FLEXIBILITY: Although we have pre-established packages; we adapt to your needs and make tailor-made plans for you to visit any place in Peru with the expertise of a Guru Explorers. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate travel, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sporting event in your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
- PASSION: Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; that makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for you and those you love.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism without affecting the traveler or exploiting the host communities or their environment. We create experiences that are more humane and respectful of heritage.
¿ Want a different trip to Ica? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER