ATVs Tour Maras Salt Mines and Huaypo Lagoon
Enjoy what the Maras and Huaypo ATVs Adventure has in store for you:
If you want to take your trip to another level, we have the best mix of emotions and sensations in the Maras and Huaypo Tour in ATVs! Half a day discovering an important part of the fantastic Sacred Valley in an exciting journey to the Salineras de Maras, where until today salt is extracted in an artisanal way; You also visit the ingenious circular terraces of Moray, the ancient agricultural laboratory of the Incas.
Both destinations give you impressive views that mix nature, mythology, culture, tradition and the ingenuity of the Inca empire, to which you add a little action, speed and fun on ATVs.
And although it will never be the same to tell it than to live it, we invite you to see our photo gallery so that you can start your journey through them!
Maras Moray Tour Itinerary:
07:00: Pick up from hotel – Transport to Cruzpata - Moray
This tour starts very early. At 7:00 am, a professional guide picks you up directly at the lodge, to start the tour in a private transport, for about 50 minutes, through the route that goes to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, arriving at the first station: the Cruzpata town. At this point our Guru Explorers offers the instructions for the practice in the ATVs, teaches some maneuvers and the correct use of the equipment.
With everyone in their ATVs, we begin the extreme adventure, for about 2 hours on the way to Moray, where you meet an old experimental laboratory of Inca agriculture, in which an ingenious circular system of platforms stands out, whose terraces reflect the genetic evolution, management and diversification of many Andean crops.
Then, in a private transport (due to the road risks to which it would be exposed in ATVs) we move towards the Salineras de Maras, a beautiful and impressive tourist attraction that shows the more than 3 thousand salt pools on a mountain (3,380 masl / 11,080 ft) from where the mineral is extracted with the same artisanal method that the Incas used.
12:00 – 13:00: Return to Cusco
After enjoying half a day of adventures, beautiful views and knowing the ancestral culture of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will return to Cusco, specifically to your accommodation.
Consider that in private tours it is possible to adapt schedules to a shift in the morning or another in the afternoon. You can check with our customer service team for more details.
In short, the best gift you can give your life is to fill it with adventures discovering new destinations. Great that it's on ATVs! With the company, guide and experience of a Guru Explorer.
Price of the Maras Moray Adventure in ATVs includes:
- Transfer from the lodging in the Historic Center of Cusco. Sometimes access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for them.
- Return to Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for these or other languages).
- ATV and equipment (helmets and gloves)
- First aid kit and oxygen.
Price of the Maras Moray Adventure in ATVs excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (in private tours, ask for extra costs to pick up from the Sacred Valley or other places).
- Travel insurance for the passenger.
- Insurance for the ATV.
- Tips for the guide.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
- Partial Tourist Ticket: See information below.
- Entrance ticket to Salineras: adults and students: S / 10.00 (aprox)
What to Bring
What to bring to the Maras Moray Adventure?
- Comfortable and optimal footwear for walks, warm jacket, caps or hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, bottles of water, clothing or rain poncho (especially between November - April).
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, camcorders)
- Cash (Local currency / Soles (S/.)
What considerations you should have when taking the Maras Moray Adventure:
- You can include the tickets to the attractions - as an additional - in the process of contracting the Tour, or purchase it on your own directly at the place with payment in cash (prices of entrance tickets may vary without prior notice).
- The streets of the city are narrow, an aspect that limits vehicular access to certain places; in this case the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass looking for you and enjoy the tour.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entry to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that they only accept payment in cash and in local currency).
- For this tour, you will need the Circuit III - Partial Tourist Ticket, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S /. 70.00
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvians S /. 40.00
- See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this ARTICLE.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Terms and Conditions
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Rates applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Maras Moray Sacred Valley Tour in ATVs. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Maras Moray? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER