Amazonas increíble 4D/3N - Iquitos
Live the adventure in the middle of the jungle in one of the most exciting tours in the world with the Iquitos tour.
¿Do you want to get out of the routine and get in touch with a natural destination?
Dedicate 4 days to revitalize yourself with the Incredible Amazon Tour, a fascinating experience in the middle of the natural lung of Peru thanks to its biodiversity. Discover the Yanamono Reserve, take day and night walks in the middle of the jungle, fish for piranhas and sail between rivers, islands and lagoons.
You will be able to observe the giant water lilies, see the sky full of stars and rest in one of the most exceptional lodges within the rainforest reserve.
Knowing Iquitos will be fantastic, because there is no land connection to this place called the Venice of the Peruvian Amazon!
Just look at our photos, you will see the world in a different way!
Amazing Amazon Tour Itinerary:
DAY 1 :
10:00 Iquitos - Monkey Island - Lodge
This tour begins when our tour guide picks you up at the Iquitos International Airport or your accommodation in the city, for the transfer to the Port, where you board a fast boat that takes you to the accommodation on the riverbank, Heliconia Amazon River Lodge.
On the way you see the contrast of colors created by the union of the Amazon and Nanay Rivers; bordered by green wetlands and Amazonian landscaping. You make a first stop at a rescue and reintegration center for animals, Isla de Monos, where various species of primates in danger of extinction are protected (in times of emptying of the rivers, you will visit the “Pedrito” Farm).
After meeting species such as the Howler monkey, Titi, Choro, Leoncito, among other primates, you board the boat for about 60 minutes until you reach the lodge, where you will have a welcome and later lunch.
Then you make an excursion to the Yanamono Reserve, where for approximately 2 hours you come into contact with the local flora and fauna. This first day gives you a beautiful sunset and rest in the pool, hammocks and recreation areas of the lodge.
At nightfall it will be the open boat tour through one of the tributaries of the Amazon; With low lighting and the clear sky, you appreciate the moon, stars and constellations in a wonderful setting, which prepares you for dinner and rest in the accommodation.
Lodge - Amazon community - Lodge
Very early the bird watching excursion begins in its morning routine. You return to the lodge to enjoy a rich breakfast and prepare to meet the indigenous community of the Yaguas, where you learn the use of the "pucuna" hunting instrument and art by which this tribe is recognized.
You return to the lodge for lunch and then go out to Artisanal Fishing on a tributary of the Amazon, where you learn some ingenious fishing techniques, especially for piranhas; If you manage to get something out, it could be your next meal.
On the way back to the lodge, you can see the pink river dolphins "Inia Geoffrensis". Upon arrival, a 30-minute tour around the accommodation awaits you, to observe the change of nature from evening to night, appreciating the magical colors, sounds and smells of the Amazon rainforest.
When you return, dinner is ready and you can also rest from this amazing trip.
DAY 3 :
Lodge - Water lilies - Trapiche - Lodge
After enjoying a beautiful sunrise and breakfast, you go to a lake on Yanamono Island, where you can appreciate the spectacular Victoria Regia, the queen of water lilies, native to shallow waters of the Amazon that can grow up to 40 cm in diameter and in whose sheet it is possible to sit even a small person.
Then it will be the return to the Lodge for the typical lunch and an afternoon of relaxation in the pools and areas you want.
In the afternoon you visit a Trapiche on the banks of the river, where you see the process of artisanal extraction of sugar cane juice, and its processing using horses and wooden barrels to convert it into liquor; You can taste and buy cane products such as molasses, panela and alcoholic beverages. A very special memory of the Amazon.
You return to the accommodation for dinner and enjoy a beautiful night in the middle of the jungle.
DAY 4 :
Lodge - Canoeing in the Amazon - Iquitos
The fourth day deserves a good breakfast, to recharge energy and enjoy canoeing on the Amazon River, the largest in the world. You will be able to immerse yourself in the flooded jungle, through streams and tributaries of this immense river that originates in Peru and crosses Colombia and Brazil.
After this adventure, which penetrates you with the force of Amazonian nature; You return to the lodge for the farewell lunch, and later return to Iquitos.
Is there anything more wonderful than giving yourself a trip? Discover more than a destination and connect with the wonderful and mega-diverse Peru. Travel with Guru Explorers!
Price of the Tour to Iquitos includes:
- Transfer and return from International Airport or Accommodation in the City of Iquitos
- Professional guide in English and Spanish
- 3 nights of lodging in the Lodge with a swimming pool.
- Meals: 03 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 03 dinner, (vegan and vegetarian options available)
- Drinks (tea and coffee)
- Tourist transport (round trip) at the destination
- Monkey Island tour
- Walk through the jungle
- Night boat ride
- Search for pink dolphins
- Bird watching tour
- Fishing tour
- Visit to an artisan mill
- Visit to native community 4
- Observation of the royal victories
- Canoeing on the Amazon River
Price of the Tour to Iquitos excludes:
- Plane tickets.
- Tips for the guide.
- Drinks (juices, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages)
- Food not specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers outside of those established in the tour.
What to Bring
What to Bring to the Tour to Iquitos?
- It is recommended to bring: comfortable, moisture-resistant shoes, light, quick-drying and breathable clothing (long sleeves and earth-colored pants are recommended), bathing suits, raincoats, sweater, hat, large visor cap, sunglasses, sunscreen , Insect repellent,
- Personal hygiene: toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wet towels, water, personal medication.
- Passport or DNI (Required).
- Travel insurance.
- Audiovisual recording camera (and preferably waterproof).
- Flashlights or small headlights.
- Personal Medication or First Aid Kit.
- Cash (local currency).
- Portable converter, adapter for your charger.
What considerations should you have when doing the Tour to Iquitos?
- Our driver will be waiting for you at his position number 5, in the baggage claim area.
- To enjoy the tour, we suggest taking flights to Iquitos first thing in the morning; your return flight to Lima in the afternoon.
- The departure from Iquitos to the Lodge is done only in the morning (max. 10:00 am)
- The departure from the accommodation to Iquitos is at 2:00 p.m.
- The entrance to the Lodge is from 13:00; check-out until 12:00
- The program may have variations during the emptying season of the Amazon River, because it affects navigation.
- According to weather conditions or natural phenomena, flight arrival / departure adjustments; there could be changes in the program.
- Your luggage should not be more than 10Kg (22lbs) per person, according to the regulation of national flights; as well as the transfer in boats; However, you have the possibility of storing part of your luggage at the lodge office, located in the City of Iquitos, choosing the essentials for your stay.
Guru Explorers values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
Terms and Conditions
- 18 days before passenger arrival: No cancellation fee
- Between 17 to 7 days before the arrival of the passengers; 30% of the tour cost per person
- Less than 7 days, 100% of the cost of the program is charged per person; there will be no refund
Those who voluntarily renounce some of the services included in the Tour do not receive a refund or readjustment of the total prices of the programs.
Why choose us
¿WHY CHOOSING US?
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Tour to Iquitos. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Iquitos? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER