Full day Tour to Huacachina and Paracas (Natural Reserve - Ballestas Islands)
Discover and live the most outstanding tours in Peru with the Huacachina and Paracas full day tour
Enjoy one of the most emblematic tourist routes that leave from Lima and reserve the Full day Huacachina and Paracas (Natural Reserve & Ballestas Islands) where you will experience a pleasant walk through these natural areas of great value and beauty.
You will be amazed by the spectacular oasis of the Huacachina Lagoon in the middle of the Peruvian desert, and on the other, the coastal area of Paracas where you will have the opportunity to see one of the amazing Nazca Lines, El Candelabro; as well as sea lions and a unique fauna; practice sandboarding and get the best photos of our landscapes.
Attractions to visit:
Ballestas Islands of Paracas
They are small rocky islands in the middle of the Paracas Natural Reserve, which offers refuge to more than 150 species of seabirds and hundreds of sea lions. Learn about the habitat of the Humboldt penguin (an endangered species), pelicans, boobies, guano birds among other protected species.
Paracas Nature Reserve
With a territorial extension of more than 335 thousand hectares, this incredible reserve will give you unique landscapes and even archaeological remains. Contemplate its marine waters, coasts, subtropical desert; protected birds such as the pelican, the condor, the tendril and the cold sea marine ecosystem of the Peruvian current.
It is a small tourist town built around a picturesque lake, in the middle of the desert, calling itself the Oasis of Huacachina or Oasis of America. It is known for its incredible dunes, where activities such as sandboarding and walking with the sandboxes are practiced.
Don’t miss out on these popular tourist attractions with this FULL DAY from Lima!
Itinerary of the Huacachina and Paracas Tour:
05:45 – 09:15: Pick up from lodging - Transportation to Paracas
The adventure starts when our Guru Explorers representative meets you at your accommodation around 05:30 am en route to the small town of Paracas (located south of Lima), a stop where you will have time to go to the bathroom and buy snacks.
10:00 – 12:00: Ballestas Islands Tour - Lunch - Paracas National Reserve
After having free time after arriving in the town of Paracas, you continue on your way to the Chaco dock (Muelle de Chaco), to navigate to the Ballestas Islands in a tour of approximately 2 hours, in which you have the opportunity to appreciate rock formations, a variety of seabirds. , pelicans, Humboldt penguins, sea lions, the popular Candelabra (one of the most famous Nazca Lines) and more attractions.
Then you return again to the point of origin where you can choose the restaurant to enjoy lunch, with the relaxing view of the sea.
This break prepares you for the next destination on the tour, the Paracas Nature Reserve; with stops at the main viewpoints such as Playa Roja, Playa Supay, La Catedral, among other emblematic places. Don't stop taking the best photos in the Reserve!
15:00 – 18:15 : Paracas – Huacachina
After knowing part of the Paracas Natural Reserve, you discover the magic of the desert oasis and the town of Huacachina; You will have time to hydrate, and then you will receive instructions to start the Sandboarding and Sandbox Tour.
For greater enjoyment, we have arranged the itinerary to be able to enjoy the beautiful sunset in Huacachina and in turn, avoid the radiant heat of the midday sun.
18:15 – 22:45 Huacachina – Return to Lima
Once the tour is finished, you return to the city of Lima.
At Guru Explores, we adapt the itinerary schedules so that you enjoy it to the fullest. It will be a day of great adventures and several destinations to visit and explore.
If you want to make the itinerary less loaded, you can request changes. Together we will design the best option.
Each experience is unique; draw your special adventure with Guru Explorers. Most importantly, travel safe!
Price of the Huacachina and Paracas Tour includes:
- Transfers Lima - Paracas - Huacachina - Lima
- Professional guide in English and Spanish (other languages are available on private tours).
- Tour to the Ballestas Islands (life jacket & guide)
- Tour to the Paracas Natural Reserve
- Tour in the Areneros and Sandboarding in Huacachina
- All entrance tickets or fees (SERNANP, Paracas Natural Reserve, Ballestas Islands, Huacachina, Muelle del Chaco)
- First aid and oxygen.
Price of the Huacachina and Paracas Tour excludes:
- Tips for the guide.
- Professional sandboarding equipment
What to Bring
What to bring to the Huacachina and Paracas Tour?
- Choose comfortable shoes, jacket, caps or hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, light clothing.
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, video cameras)
- Cash (local currency)
What considerations should you have when doing the Huacachina and Paracas Tour?
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however, they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field or road conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Not recommended for:
- People in wheelchairs.
- Pregnant women (Huacachina Tour)
Terms and Conditions
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Rates applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
¿WHY CHOOSING US?
We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Tour to Huacachina and Paracas. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Huacachina and Paracas? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER