Machu Picchu + Wayna Picchu Tour
¿ Would you like to make a trip to find the perfect combination of adventure, excursion and quality service in Huayna Picchu Mountain?
With this tour you will find all this and much more. The Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Tour includes the classic walk through the Citadel, where you will find the architectural remains of the Inca empire and beautiful postcards. Then, you will experience a real adventure in Huayna Picchu, on a stairway through this imposing mountain.
This is a unique activity that you can do as an addition to the classic full day in Machu Picchu, something you cannot miss if you are looking to get the most out of your trip to Peru. The views that you can appreciate from Huayna Picchu are privileged and you can see both the Citadel and the Andean landscapes that surround it.
Huayna Picchu is not very difficult, so you can do it in a revitalizing hike that will test your senses and will offer you incredible postcards to take pictures. Its elevation is approximately 2,693 meters, and its meaning in Quechua is “young mountain”.
It is well known for having narrow and more vertical paths than other mountains like Huchuy Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, so you can count on an extra touch of adrenaline on this trail. If you want to know about these additional treks, you can enter here for more information.
Take this opportunity to learn the secrets of Machu Picchu from the hands of the best professionals in Peru.
4:00 a 7:00 horas: Departure from Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
We will start our tour very early, around 4:00 am. The adventure will begin with your transfer to the Ollantaytambo station, where the train will be waiting for you to take the trip to Aguas Calientes.
The trip will take about an hour and a half, where you can take the opportunity to observe the beautiful postcards from the slopes, mountains and crops.
At 7:00 a.m. we will arrive at our destination, where the guide will be waiting for you. Here we will board a tourist bus to Machu Picchu. On the way we will provide the necessary indications to make the trekking excursion in Huayna Picchu.
7:00 a 21:00 horas: Huayna Picchu - Machu Picchu - Return to Aguas Calientes - Return to Cusco
As soon as we arrive at our destination, you will begin a two and a half hour hike up the Huayna Picchu mountain. On this walk you will find unique views of the slopes and enjoy it at your own pace.
Once we meet, we will start a guided tour of the Citadel, a historical site that has been the cradle of the Inca empire and a World Heritage Site.
Once finished this tour, we will return to Aguas Calientes so you can have lunch and stroll around the town. In the course of the afternoon we will return to the train to return to Ollantaytambo and then to the door of your hotel.
The price of the Excursión to Machu Picchu + Montain Huayna Picchu includes:
- Transportation (round trip)
- Bilingual professional guide Spanish-English (ask for Portuguese)
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Wayna Picchu Mountain
- Train ticket
- Tourist bus ticket
The price of the Excursión to Machu Picchu + Montain Huayna Picchu does not include:
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
What to Bring
¿ What considerations should you take into account when doing the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Mountain Excursion?
- You can include tickets to the attractions as an additional service in the purchase process, or purchase them on your own, at the same places, in cash (admission prices to the attractions may vary without prior notice).
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, we will notify you in a timely manner.
- Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however, it may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Not recommended for:
- Wheelchair users.
Terms and Conditions
- With 3 days or less notice, there will be no reimbursement.
- Between 4 and 7 days notice, 70% reimbursement.
- More than 7 days, 90% will be reimbursed.
- Fees applied for date change in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if notified more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If notified 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and will not be subject to reimbursement.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
We want to be part of that experience where you will enjoy the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Mountain Excursion.
If you are still wondering why choose us, we would like you to read 7 outstanding features of our service:
QUALITY: When you go to a teacher, it's because you want to answer all the questions. When it comes to travel, money, time and enjoyment there is a lot to be solved and that's what Guru Explorers is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
EXPERIENCE: To become Guru Explorers, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that in the details is the difference, that's why we know what elements are essential for your trip, we are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
TRANSPARENCY: We are here to provide you with the best information and description of our tours. We are not in favor of hidden costs. We provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
SECURITY: You trust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
FLEXIBILITY: Although we have pre-established packages; we adapt to your needs and make tailor-made plans for you to visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of a Guru Explorers. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate travel, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sporting event in your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
PASSION: Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; that makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for you and your loved ones.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive them or their environment. We create experiences that are more humane and respectful of heritage.
¿ Want an ATV adventure to Machu Picchu? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER