Classic Cusco 4D/3N
Four tours united in the most complete experience to know Cusco, discovering emblematic archaeological, natural, cultural and religious sites, both from the Inca and Colonial times.
In only 4 days we will know the historical fusion that concentrates the Navel of the World through a trip from the center of Cusco. Also, we will pass through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will board the train to reach one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, the unique Machu Picchu, where you can make 2 additional tours if you wish (Circuits: Machu Picchu Mountain 2,693 m.a.s.l. (8,835 ft.) or Huayna Picchu Mountain 2,693 m.a.s.l. (8,835 ft.). (8,835 feet).
This tour is known as a classic, precisely because of its success in an experience that doesn’t need to be added to or subtracted from. Just choose your date!
Our gallery gives you just a taste.
Cusco Classic Itinerary in 4 days:
Day 1: Pick up at Cusco Airport - City Tour
After meeting you at the airport, we will transfer you to the hotel, where you can rest and acclimatize your body to the altitude of the city and take the City Tour in Cusco (optional).
Cusco Cathedral: The tour begins in the main Catholic temple of Cusco and one of the most emblematic monuments of America, the Cathedral or Basilica of the Virgin of the Assumption, Cultural Heritage of Peru.
Temple of Qoricancha: It was the main sacred temple for the Incas. Known as the Temple of the Sun or Golden Temple. Although much of the wealth of this place was looted, you will be amazed by the majesty of the place and the architectural fusion shows an incredible history of Hispanic imposition, arising in this same place which is now the Convent of Santo Domingo.
Sacsayhuaman Fortress: A place that contrasts nature and architecture in a masterful way. It also has megalithic walls with stones up to 9 meters high, embedded on a natural carpet that offers a beautiful panoramic view.
Qenqo: This ancient ritual site, known as the Labyrinth, is made up of tunnels or subway galleries that intertwine. We will see curious channels carved in the form of a zigzag. A true work of art carved in an immense monolith that worships the Pachamama or Mother Earth.
Puca Pucara: A place destined for military purposes, also known as Red Fortress due to the color of its stones joined together to form beautiful walls, canals and stairways, from whose terraces you will be able to see an incomparable landscape.
Tambomachay: An archaeological site that was intended, as its translation indicates, to be a "resting place". The Incas worshiped water, thanks to canals and aqueducts made of stone that are still functioning.
Main Square: In ancient times it was an important administrative, religious and cultural center of the Tahuantinsuyo. It contains important works that we will admire with our guide.
After this extensive tour, it is time to return to the lodge where we can rest and assimilate all the emotions of the first day.
Day 2: Cusco City - Sacred Valley of the Incas – Cusco
After breakfast, we prepare for an exciting day getting to know the most emblematic of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Around 7:30 - 8:00, we will board our transportation to the first stop that gives you a panoramic view of what you are about to discover, the Taray Viewpoint gives you a wide view of the valley.
Then you know Pisac, whose most important attraction, the Ruins or Archaeological Center, an impressive architectural complex made up of circular terraces, multiple temples such as the Intiwatana; towers, stone monuments, rooms and spaces full of beauty on top of a mountain.
We visit the town and market of Pisac, where we could buy handicrafts from the region. Then we will continue the tour to Urubamba, where a buffet lunch awaits us.
After recharging your batteries, you will discover the Ollantaytambo Ruins, which preserve the Inca architectural design in imposing lithic structures, terraces, temples, walls, fountains and other heritage pieces, which in ancient times formed a military, agricultural and religious center. There will be free time to visit the magical town of Ollantaytambo, known for being the only Inca Living City.
We end the tour with a stop in Chinchero, where we will visit a textile center and learn more about the textile techniques used by the Incas and the artisanal processing of wool.
Day 3: Cusco - Machu Picchu Citadel – Cusco
For many, this is the most awaited day. After discovering so many majestic places, expectations are high and will surely be exceeded when getting to know our World Heritage Site.
The day starts early when we pick you up at your accommodation in Cusco and take you to the train station in Ollantaytambo. Outside the station you will find local stalls where you can buy everything from food (breakfast) to souvenirs. The train to Aguas Calientes takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and once you arrive at your destination, our representative and guide will be waiting for you outside the train station.
The tour in the Inca Citadel takes you to discover the almost 200 iconic tourist attractions of the Sacred City, distributed in temples, squares, water fountains, monuments and residences; not to mention its natural spaces full of grandeur and spirituality.
Being a private tour to the citadel of Machu Picchu, the times will be managed at your pace, where apart from taking the best pictures of the place, you can appreciate and enjoy the majesty of the Inca empire.
After visiting one of the 7 Wonders of the World, we will return by tourist bus to the Aguas Calientes station where we will have lunch and free time to explore the small town before departing to Ollantaytambo. Here, our driver will be waiting for us to board private transportation to your accommodation in Cusco around 22:00.
Day 4: Cusco - Free Tour
The fourth day of the tour allows you the freedom to explore the city of Cusco on your own. After receiving recommendations from our tour guide, you can go to the markets, fairs, visit the streets, try local food, shop and discover on your own all that the city has to offer.
At the appropriate time we will take you to the airport for you to return and design a new Guru Explorers experience. See you next time!
The price of the Classic Cusco 4D/3N excursion includes:
- All entrance fees to tourist attractions: Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley (tourist ticket), City Tour.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Private transportation Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Cusco (Machu Picchu Tour).
- Shared tour: City Tour, Sacred Valley.
- Airport transfers. (Arrival & Departure).
The price of the Classic Cusco 4D/3N excursion does not include:
- Hotel: can be included in the purchase process (based on double, matrimonial or triple rooms).
- Meals: lunch or dinner.
What to Bring
¿ What to bring to the Classic Cusco 4D/3N Tour?
- Consider that Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes are above (2,000 masl /6,561 ft); its climate varies according to the time of the year.
- It is recommended to choose: comfortable shoes, light clothing, hat, gloves, sunglasses, sun block, water, rain gear (especially in November - April).
- Insect repellent (important in Machu Picchu).
- Passport or ID card.
- ISIC card if you are a student.
- Travel insurance.
- Bathing suit and towel (optional for the hot springs of Aguas Calientes).
- Audiovisual recording devices (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
- Cash (local currency).
Considerations for Classic Cusco 4D/3N:
- You must choose the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu in the purchase process. Prices vary if you are not part of the Andean Community (Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Colombia).
- The train schedule and access to Machu Picchu may vary depending on availability. We recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible.
- By regulation of the train company, it is not allowed to carry backpacks, suitcases or large bags. The only things allowed are small bags or backpacks up to 5-6 kg.
- For the transfer from Cusco, you should consider that sometimes, access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby pick-up point.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable
Terms and Conditions
- Take the following into account:
- The Ministry of Culture does not make refunds for the entrance to Machu Picchu, Montaña Machu Picchu or Montaña Huaynapicchu.
- The train company charges an administrative fee of 10% for cancellations.
- Cancellations within 11 days or more in advance, a penalty of 90 USD per person will be charged, which includes administrative concepts, entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and train company fee.
- Cancellations with 4 to 10 days in advance, will receive 50% of the amount paid.
- Cancellations with 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- There are no refunds for entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Take the following into account:
- Date changes are subject to the availability of train tickets and entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Price difference will be charged for train tickets, if applicable. (Guru Explorers does its best to avoid increases)
- In the event of the new date of the tour to Machu Picchu is in a different year from the original, the ticket will be lost and an additional 50 USD per person will be charged to buy a new one.
- For changes of dates notified 11 days or more in advance, an additional charge of 15% will apply, which includes change fee for the entrance to Machu Picchu and the train company.
- For changes of dates notified 4 to 10 days or more in advance, an additional charge of 25% will apply, which includes a change fee for the entrance to Machu Picchu and the train company.
- It will not be possible to make date changes 3 days or less in advance.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
We want to be part of that experience that you will live in Classic Cusco 4D/3N.
If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER