Tour Machu Picchu by train + Sacred Valley of the Incas 2D/1N
Take the opportunity to live the exciting experience that the Machu Picchu Tour by train + Sacred Valley of the Incas 2D/1N has for you:
Make the most of your stay in Cusco and give a gift to your life in this Tour to Machu Picchu by Train + Sacred Valley of the Incas, which also offers you the opportunity to spend an unforgettable afternoon in the last Living Inca Village, Ollantaytambo.
The first day of this excursion allows you to explore the towns of Pisac, Ollantaytambo and, in addition, appreciate the majestic panoramic view of this sacred area, from the Taray Viewpoint; the rest will be in the Inca town of Aguas Calientes, where you can only get there by train or walking.
In addition to the spectacular tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu, you can choose two more circuits that suit your tastes, the type of experience you want, as well as your budget.
The Entrance Ticket to the extreme adventure Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, which includes the visit to the Inca City + Huayna Picchu Mountain, whose summit is located at 2,693 m.a.s.l. (8,835 feet); or choose the higher altitude excursion, Machu Picchu + Machu Picchu Mountain located at 3,082 m.a.s.l. (10,111 feet).
Being one of the most demanded destinations in South America, the coordination of schedules, choice of train service, selection of places to visit, purchase of tickets in advance and planning are a guarantee of success and enjoyment of this adventure.
Machu Picchu and Sacred Valley of the Incas Itinerary:
Once the tour is booked with Guru Explorers, we will take care of acquiring the train tickets and entrance tickets to the Machu Picchu attractions. Taking into account availability, we will adapt the itinerary to the schedule you choose.
07:00 - 16:00: Pick up from Hotel - Sacred Valley of the Incas - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
The adventure begins very early at 7:00 am. We begin the journey to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where you can appreciate the extraordinary Andean landscape that runs along the Vilcanota River. Then you discover the ruins of Pisac, the ancient center of astronomical studies, an impressive archaeological center, where there are also 10 thousand tombs of pre-Inca and Inca cultures.
You arrive at Urubamba, where you choose a delicious lunch with the best Peruvian food. We continue the journey to the town of Ollantaytambo to contemplate impressive constructions and agricultural terraces erected on the slopes of the mountains and to see the last living Inca village.
Approximately at 19:00 we will board the train to Aguas Calientes, arriving at around 20:30. At the train station our staff will be waiting for you, who will guide you to the hotel to rest and define the details of the next day.
7:00 - 13:00: Breakfast - Visit to Machu Picchu
After breakfast, our professional guide accompanies you to the tourist bus to get to Machu Picchu, where you make a unique guided tour to the main temples, staircases, squares, paths, among other amazing spaces of this architectural complex, such as the Intiwatana.
After the guided tour, you have free time to explore on your own this extraordinary World Heritage Site. Our guide will indicate where and at what time you will meet again for the return.
13:00 – 21:00: Lunch - Return to Cusco
In the tourist bus you will return to Aguas Calientes to enjoy lunch and take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where private transportation awaits you to Cusco, arriving at 21:00.
The itinerary may vary depending on the train schedule you get when booking the tour, as well as the availability of the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu. It is recommended that passengers book as far in advance as possible, especially during high season (June - September) or holidays.
Price of the Machu Picchu Tour by train includes:
- Briefing one day before the tour.
- Transfer from accommodation in the historic center of Cusco or Ollantaytambo. Sometimes access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby point to look for them.
- Return to the lodging (private tours) or Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco).
- Professional guided tour in English and / or Spanish in Machu Picchu (For Portuguese or other languages ask for availability).
- Transportation (round trip) from Cusco - Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance tickets to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Center (add in the purchase process).
- Train Ticket (round trip) Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (Expedition / Voyager Category).
- Tourist bus ticket (round trip) Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) allows entry to different attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance of each tourist destination we visit (consider that they only accept payment in cash and in local currency).
- For this tour, you will need the Circuit III - Partial Tourist Ticket, which covers the attractions of Pisac, Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo.
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Foreigners S /. 70.00
- Partial Tourist Ticket - Peruvians S /. 40.00
See more information about the Tourist Ticket in this ARTICLE.
Price of the Machu Picchu Tour by train excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco, such as Urubamba, Pisac or others available; you should check if there are any extra charges with Guru Explorers.
- Tip for the guide.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (It can be added in the reservation process).
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Entrance ticket to hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
What to Bring
What to Bring to the Machu Picchu Tour:
- Consider that Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes are above (2,000 masl / 6,561 ft); its climate varies according to the time it is visited.
- It is recommended to choose: comfortable shoes, light clothing, hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, rain gear (especially in November - April).
- Repellent against insects (important in Machu Picchu)
- Passport or DNI.
- ISIC card if you are a student.
- Travel insurance.
- Bathing suit and towel (optional for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
- Cash (local currency).
What considerations should you have when making the trip to the ruins of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley?
- You must choose the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu in the purchase process. Prices vary if you are not part of the Andean Community (Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Colombia).
- The train schedule and access to Machu Picchu may vary depending on availability. We recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible.
- By regulation of the train company, it is not allowed to carry backpacks, suitcases or large bags. The only things allowed are small bags or backpacks up to 5-6 kg.
- For the transfer from Cusco, you should consider that sometimes, access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby pick-up point.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable
Terms and Conditions
Why choose us
¿WHY CHOOSING US?
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the temple of the sun in Machu Picchu and sacred valley of the Incas tour. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Machu Picchu? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER