Local market tour and Peruvian cooking class
Discover all that Peru’s best chefs have to offer in a family atmosphere. With this workshop you will enjoy a cooking class where you will taste up to 10 different flavors. Also, you will prepare an appetizer and a main course following the experienced recipes and tricks of the talented chef in charge.
With this experience you will visit a local market where you can taste local fruits and where you will buy the ingredients necessary for the preparation of the dishes that are prepared in the class.
Don’t miss this tremendous local market experience!
Tour itinerary in local market and Peruvian cooking class:
Our tour will begin at 11:00 am with a stroll through the local market. Here we will browse the locals in search of the best ingredients with the help of an experienced chef. You will also have the opportunity to do some shopping, taste the most delicious local fruits and buy the ingredients for the awaited cooking class.
Once you have the ingredients, the chef will teach you how to prepare the dishes with a traditional taste, the main dish being the traditional, emblematic and tasty Lomo Saltado, which can also be prepared with vegan and vegetarian options.
After enjoying a comfortable and pleasant lunch, we will finish the tour around 3:00 pm.
Don't miss out on this delicious experience and book your tour with Guru Explorers!
Local Market Tour and Peruvian Cooking Class Includes:
Tasting of 7 Peruvian meals
- Tasting of 3 Peruvian drinks
- A professional chef
- Round trip transportation from/to meeting points Miraflores, San Isidro or Barranco (other districts or airport for an additional charge)
- Visit of a market
- Donation to Impact Eat Foundation
Local market tour and Peruvian cooking class does not include:
- Tips (Voluntary Contribution)
What to Bring
What to bring to the Local Market Tour and Peruvian Cooking Class?
- Passport or ID card.
- Audiovisual recording devices (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
- Cash (local currency).
Considerations for Local Market Tour and Peruvian Cooking Class:
- This tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old.
- It is important that you enjoy a few days in Cusco before doing the tour of Palcoyo, an alternative to the Traditional Rainbow Mountain. This is the only way your body will be adapted to the altitude of the region.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, we will notify you in a timely manner.
- Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however, it may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Terms and Conditions
- With 3 days or less notice, there will be no reimbursement.
- Between 4 and 7 days’ notice, 70% reimbursement.
- More than 7 days, 90% will be reimbursed.
- Fees applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if notified more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If notified 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and will not be subject to reimbursement.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
We want to be part of the experience that you will live in the Local Market Tour and Peruvian Cooking Class.
If you are still wondering why choose us, we would like you to read 7 outstanding features of our service:
- QUALITY: When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. When it comes to travel, money, time and enjoyment there is a lot to solve and that's what Guru Explorers is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
- EXPERIENCE: To become Guru Explorers, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We experienced bad and good experiences, finding that in the details is the difference, that's why we know what elements are essential for your trip, we are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
- TRANSPARENCY: We are here to provide you with the best information and description of our tours. We are not in favor of hidden costs. We provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
- SAFETY: You trust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
- FLEXIBILITY: Although we have pre-established packages; we adapt to your needs and make tailor-made plans for you to visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of a Guru Explorers. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate travel, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sporting event in your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
- PASSION: Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; that makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for you and those you love.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism without affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive us or their environment. We create experiences that are more humane and respectful of heritage.
Want a different trip? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER