4-Day Inca Trail Tour
Discover every detail in the wonderful experience offered by the 4-day Inca Trail tour
The 4-day Inca Trail is considered one of the best treks in South America and the world. Choosing the best tourist guide to get to one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World on an excursion is key to making the most of it and enjoying the adventure.
This route of about 43 km takes you, through extraordinary landscapes, to visit the most beautiful archaeological sites of the Inca Trail, until you come into contact with the majestic Machu Picchu on the fourth day.
As an addition to the tour of the Machu Picchu Citadel, you can choose two more circuits that suit your tastes, the type of experience you want, as well as the budget. The Entrance Ticket to the extreme adventure Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, which includes the visit to the Inca City + the Huayna Picchu Mountain, whose summit is located at 2,693 m.s.n.m. (8,835 feet); or choose the highest altitude excursion, Machu Picchu + Machu Picchu Mountain located at 3,082 meters above sea level (10,111 feet).
As part of the private tour we offer you an incomparable gastronomic service by our professional chef in the mountains; You can adapt the schedule and enjoy the tour with your private group and our professional guide.
Incas Trail Tour Itinerary:
05:00 - 16:00: Cusco - Km 82 - Wayllabamba
This adventure starts at 5:00 AM (it is recommended to have breakfast at the hotel before pick-up). A Guru Explorers guide passes by your accommodation to start the transfer to the Sacred Valley, exactly at Km 82 in Piscacucho, where the walk begins.
After two hours of travel, you will arrive at the Patallacta complex, whose terraces are erected on an ascending slope, where you will see impressive landscapes and the Wakaywillque or Snowy Mountain “La Verónica” (5900 masl / 19,356 ft).
Our journey continues to Tarachayoq, to enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by Guru Explorer's Chef.
After a well deserved rest, you advance in a short section to the community of Wayllabamba, where the scene of the first camp is set, allowing a good rest and delicious dinner.
6:00 - 17:00 : Wayllabamba - Pacaymayu
This day requires more physical effort. After having breakfast very early, an abrupt ascent begins, through a path surrounded by a Queñua or Polylepis forest, until arriving to rest at the highest point of the Inca Trail, the Abra Warmiwañusca or Mujer Muerta (4,224 masl / 13,860 ft ) whose area seems to surround you with a majestic landscape of deep valleys and mountains.
We begin the descent, passing to the lunch point and continuing to Pacaymayo, the second camp that allows, in addition to a comforting rest, the incomparable contact with nature.
06:00 – 16:00 : Pacaymayu - Winaywayna
This day you wake up in the middle of the beauty of the Inca Trail. After breakfast, start the ascent to Runkurakay, a building of small stones and without a roof considered an astrological site and a kind of checkpoint for messengers on the way to Machu Picchu.
Continue the journey between a cloud forest and the views of the mountain ranges, to the largest archaeological site of the Inca Trail, Sayacmarca, known as Town in a Steep Place.
Then you discover the beautiful architecture of the City Above the Clouds or Phuyupatamarca, to finally arrive at the iconic archaeological complex Inca Wiñay Wayna or Siempre Joven (2650 m / 8,694 ft), architectural beauty that covers the side of a mountain respecting the natural form. Here corresponds a well-deserved rest that prepares us for the final day.
04:00 – 20:00 : Winaywayna - Machu Picchu - Cusco
This is the last day of hiking, breakfast is served before sunrise, to reach the Intipunku or Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,924 ft) enjoying a spectacular view of Machu Picchu.
The spectacle of the sun marks the new walk to the Wonder of Machu Picchu, where you make the journey to the most important places of the Citadel, including the main temples, stairways, squares, roads, among other amazing spaces of this architectural complex, such as the Intiwatana.
After the guided tour, you have free time to explore this extraordinary World Heritage Site on your own. Our guide will give references for lunch and the reunion to return to Cusco, arriving around 20:00 at the hotel.
This trip is unique in the world. The architecture, landscape, fauna and flora, culture and the magical essence of the Inca Trail only need your emotions and that you awaken that adventurous spirit to create a story that will mark your life forever!
Price of the Inca Trail Tour includes:
- Briefing one day before the tour.
- Transfer from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco. Sometimes access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass through the group.
- Return to the lodging (private tours) or Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for this or other languages).
- Professional chef.
- Meals: 03 breakfasts, 03 lunches, 03 dinners, (vegan and vegetarian options available)
- Tourist transport (round trip) Cusco - Ollantaytambo.
- Dining tent, camping tent, mats.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist Train tickets (Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo) in Expedition category. (You can upgrade the train category with extra charge)
- First aid kit and oxygen.
Price of the Inca Trail Tour excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (ask for extra costs to pick up from the Sacred Valley or other places).
- Tips for the guide.
- Sleeping bag (15 USD).
- Trekking Poles (10 USD).
- Tourist bus ticket Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu.
- Drinks except for water during the walk.
- If you want to add an additional hike, mention it at the time of booking. Entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, check availability with Guru Explorers.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
What to Bring
What to Bring to the Incas Trail Tour?
- It is recommended to bring: comfortable shoes, light clothing, a hat, wool hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, rain gear (especially in November - April).
- Personal hygiene Items: toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wet towels, water, personal medication.
- Insect repellent (important for this tour)
- Passport or DNI. (Mandatory).
- A clean set of clothes for after the trek.
- ISIC card if you are a student.
- Travel insurance, mandatory.
- Flashlight or small headlights.
- Bathing suit and towel (optional for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Photo camera.
- Cash (local currency).
What considerations should you have when making the Incas Trail Tour?
- This tour includes porters (loaders or luggage carriers) exclusively for camping and logistics, it is recommended to pack as lightly as possible, as you will carry your luggage yourself. If you want to hire a porter, communicate it at the time of booking.
- Use a backpack for trekking. You cannot enter Machu Picchu with backpacks over 25 liters. Larger luggage can cause problems, putting at risk the loss of the tour without possibility of refund. (we recommend that it be as small as possible)
- You must choose the Entrance Tickets to Machu Picchu in the purchase process. Prices vary if you are not part of the Andean Community (Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Colombia).
- The passport information provided must be accurate and up to date on the date of the tour. If you have changed your passport, notify the new data 14 days in advance, otherwise there will be an additional charge of 15 USD.
- It is possible to upgrade the train ticket category. (See options)
- The train schedule and access to Machu Picchu may vary depending on availability (we recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible).
- For the transfer from Cusco, you should consider that sometimes, access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby pick-up point.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
“Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however, they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable
Terms and Conditions
- Take the following into account:
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Tickets for the Inca Trail are non-refundable or transferable.
- There are no refunds for entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Cancellations within 30 or more days in advance, will receive 50% of the amount paid, not including the deposit or extra tickets such as Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu.
- Cancellations within 29 days in advance or less will not be subject to refunds.
- Date changes are subject to the availability of train tickets, entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail.
- For date changes notified 15 days or more in advance, an additional charge of 180 USD will apply.
- It will not be possible to make date changes 14 days or less in advance.
Why choose us
¿WHY CHOOSING US?
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Incas Trail Tour. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to the Inca Trail? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER