2-Day Inca Trail Tour (Caminos del Inca) with Camping
Discover the route and live the wonderful experience that the Inca Trail Tour with camping offers you:
The 2-day Inca Trail with Camping is a unique walk in contact with the majestic nature and landscaping, the product of a fusion of architecture and the variety of flora and fauna. You will have the possibility of visiting one of the most beautiful archaeological sites on the Inca Trail, the Wiñay Wayna, translated as “Forever Young; for in a second day, get in touch with the extraordinary Machu Picchu.
This option is ideal for adventurers, consider that it is a long stretch and the rest is in camp.
As an addition to the tour of the Machu Picchu Citadel, you can choose two more circuits that suit your tastes, the type of experience you want, as well as the budget. The Entrance Ticket to the extreme adventure Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, which includes the visit to the Inca City + the Huayna Picchu Mountain, whose summit is located at 2,693 m.s.n.m. (8,835 feet); or choose the highest altitude excursion, Machu Picchu + Machu Picchu Mountain located at 3,082 meters above sea level (10,111 feet).
Unlike the 2-day Inca Trail tour with a Hotel, in this private tour we offer an incomparable gastronomic service by our professional chef in the mountains; You can adapt the schedule and enjoy the tour with your private group and our professional guide.
Incas Trail Tour Itinerary
05:00 - 16:00: Cusco - Km 104 - Aguas Calientes
At 5:00 our professional guide passes by your hotel, to start the 1.5 hour transfer. on the way to Ollantaytambo, where you should enjoy a delicious breakfast, and then take the train to Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,218 ft) where the walk begins.
On the ascent to Machu Picchu you enjoy a forest surrounded by mist that sneaks between a variety of plants, flowers, orchids, and animals of the Andean region that leads you, in about 4 hours to the Inca Wiñay Wayna or Siempre Joven archaeological complex (2650 m / 8,694 ft), architectural beauty that covers the side of a mountain respecting the natural form. Then we pass through Intipunku the Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,924 ft) enjoying a spectacular view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains.
We continue the trail to the picturesque town of Aguas Calientes, where we camp at Puente Ruinas, located next to the Urubamba River, which offers the experience of sleeping outdoors.
7:00 - 13:00 : Breakfast - Visit to Machu Picchu
After breakfast, we board the tourist bus to Machu Picchu, to start with the tour in the Citadel, where you visit the most important places, including the main temples, stairways, squares, roads, among other amazing spaces of this architectural complex, such as the Intiwatana.
At the end, you have free time to explore this extraordinary World Heritage Site on your own. Our guide will indicate where and at what time they will meet again for the return.
13:00 – 21:00 : Lunch - Return to Cusco
After having explored the City of the Incas, we return on the tourist bus to Aguas Calientes, to enjoy lunch and continue the visit to this town, which can only be accessed by train or walking. Here you will have the possibility to relax your body in its hot springs.
Finally, we return on the train to Ollantaytambo, where private transport awaits them for arrival in Cusco around 9:00 p.m.
We will make you travel not only to a place, but through the time and history of the South with a specialized guide aware of the value of your time and passion to discover new destinations.
Price of the Inca Trail Tour includes:
- Briefing one day before the tour.
- Transfer from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco. Sometimes access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby point to pass through the group.
- Return to the lodging (private tours) or Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco).
- Professional guide in English, Spanish, Portuguese (ask for availability for this or other languages).
- One breakfast (2nd day), one lunch (1st day), one dinner (1st day) (vegan and vegetarian options available).
- Tourist transport (round trip) Cusco - Ollantaytambo.
- Tent for camping, sleeping bag and mats.
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail.
- Tourist Train Tickets (round trip) Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes in Expedition category. (You can upgrade the train category with extra charge)
- Tourist bus ticket (round trip) Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
Price of the Inca Trail Tour excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (ask for extra costs to pick up from the Sacred Valley or other places).
- Tips for the guide.
- If you want to add an additional hike, mention it at the time of booking. Entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, check availability with Guru Explorers.
- Entrance ticket to hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner or other food not specified in the itinerary.
What to Bring
What to Bring to the Incas Trail Tour?
- It is recommended to bring: comfortable shoes, light clothing, hat, wool hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, rain gear (especially in November - April).
- Personal hygiene Items: toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wet towels, water, personal medication.
- Insect repellent (important for this tour)
- Passport or DNI. (Mandatory).
- A clean set of clothes for after the trek.
- ISIC card if you are a student.
- Travel insurance, mandatory.
- Flashlight or small headlights.
- Bathing suit and towel (optional for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Photo camera.
- Cash (local currency).
- Large suitcases or bags.
Not recommended for:
- People in wheelchairs.
What considerations should you have when making the Incas Trail Tour?
- This tour includes porters (loaders or luggage carriers) exclusively for camping and logistics, it is recommended to pack as lightly as possible, as you will carry your luggage yourself. If you want to hire a porter, communicate it at the time of booking.
- Use a backpack for trekking. You cannot enter Machu Picchu with backpacks over 25 liters. Larger luggage can cause problems, putting at risk the loss of the tour without possibility of refund. (we recommend that it be as small as possible)
- You must choose the Entrance Tickets to Machu Picchu in the purchase process. Prices vary if you are not part of the Andean Community (Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Colombia).
- It is possible to upgrade the train ticket category. (See options)
- The train schedule and access to Machu Picchu may vary depending on availability (we recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible).
- For the transfer from Cusco, you should consider that sometimes, access is limited by the narrow streets of the city; if this is the case, the guide will suggest a nearby pick-up point.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the travel itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however, they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable
Terms and Conditions
- To book the tour, it will be necessary to pay a deposit of 350 USD per person. With this we will be able to make the purchases of the entrance tickets to the attractions and the trains. The difference must be paid before 30 days from the start date of the tour.
- The passport information provided must be accurate and up to date on the date of the tour. If you have changed your passport, notify the new data 14 days in advance, otherwise there will be an additional charge of 15 USD.
- In the event that the passenger decides to leave the Inca trail during the journey, he will be responsible for the extra expenses that may be incurred such as food or transportation. However, you will have the option to rejoin the group on the last day for the visit to Machu Picchu and return to the city of Cusco.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights; train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
- Take the following into account:
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Tickets for the Inca Trail are non-refundable or transferable.
- There are no refunds for entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Cancellations within 30 or more days in advance, will receive 50% of the amount paid, not including the deposit or extra tickets such as Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu.
- Cancellations within 29 days in advance or less will not be subject to refunds.
- Date changes are subject to the availability of train tickets, entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail.
- For date changes notified 15 days or more in advance, an additional charge of 180 USD will apply.
- It will not be possible to make date changes 14 days or less in advance.
Why choose us
¿WHY CHOOSING US?
The experience that makes you live the beauty of the Incas Trail is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature.
We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Incas Trail Tour.
If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
- QUALITY: When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
- EXPERIENCE: To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
- TRANSPARENCY: We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
- SECURITY: You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
- FLEXIBILITY: Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
- PASSION: Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to the Inca Trail? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER