Humantay Lake Tour
Discover the adventure of the Humantay Lake Tour has for you.
Draw an adventure in the middle of the spectacular Salkantay and Humantay Snowy Mountains, in the Andes Mountains with a trek created for lovers of nature, the Humantay Lake Tour.
You will be able to observe the multicolored landscape of the Cordillera de Vilcabamba, which offers a contrast between glaciers, local crops, and this beautiful turquoise lagoon.
Due to the natural appeal and beauty of the destination, this tour, which rises to 4,200 meters (13,779 feet) has quickly become one of Cusco’s favorite attractions.
Just by looking at the photos you will want to be here. Let’s put a date on it!
Laguna Humantay Tour Itinerary:
04:30 – 8:30: Pick up from lodging - Mollepata - Breakfast
Early in the morning, between 4:00 and 4:30, we pick you up at the lodge and start the approximately 2-hour drive. You will see beautiful natural scenery until you reach the small town of Mollepata (2,803 m / 9,186ft) where you will recharge your batteries with a delicious breakfast.
09:00 – 12:00: Mollepata - Soraypampa - Hike to Humantay
After breakfast, we will start the trip to Soraypampa camp (3,800m / 12,467) where the ascent begins for an hour and a half to the Humantay Lagoon, located in the Vilcabamba mountain range (4,200 m / 13,780). On this route you will be able to see alpacas, llamas and vicuñas in the middle of the colorful mountains; and if the sky is clear, you will see the snow-capped mountains Salkantay and Humantay, known as "Apus" or spirits of the mountains.
The route is classified with moderate difficulty, so if you do not have the necessary physical condition, it is recommended to tour the Humantay Lagoon on horseback to not only lighten the journey but also diversify the adventure.
Finally, you arrive at the Humantay Lagoon where there is enough time to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
12:00 – 17:00: Return to Soraypampa – Lunch – Cusco
After contemplating the marvel of the thaw and the Andean nature, it is time for a private transfer to Mollepata, where you will enjoy a delicious and well-deserved lunch.
Happy to have chosen this destination, we return to Cusco, arriving at 17:00 approximately.
The best thing about traveling with Guru Explorers is having expert guides and passionate travelers, who accompany you on an unforgettable adventure that enriches your life.
Price of the Humantay Lake Trek includes:
- Departure from the lodging in the historic center of Cusco.
- Return to Plaza "Regocijo" (One block away from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco) (Historic Center of the city).
- Professional guide in English and Spanish
- Buffet breakfast and Lunch (vegetarian and vegan options available upon request).
- Trekking or hiking poles (on request).
- First Aid and oxygen.
- Entrance tickets to Humantay Lake
Price of the Humantay Lake Trek excludes:
- Transfer from hotels outside the city of Cusco (for private tours, ask for extra costs to pick up from the Sacred Valley or other places).
- Tips for the guide.
- Food not specified in the itinerary.
What to Bring
What to bring to the Humantay Lake Hike?
- Comfortable and optimal footwear for the humantay Lake hike, warm jacket, caps or hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, bottles of water, clothing or rain poncho (especially between November - April).
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, camcorders)
- Cash (Local currency / Soles (S/.)
What considerations you should have when taking Humantay Lake Trek:
- Due to the limitations in the walkability of the City and its narrow streets, depending on the traffic congestion, a nearby point will be suggested to pass looking for the group to start the tour.
- You must be in reasonable physical condition to do the tour.
- It is important that you take a few days in Cusco before making the tour to the Humantay lago so that the body adapts to the height of the region.
- This tour requires stable physical conditions to carry out the tour; however, you can rent horses for the excursion at your own risk.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years old. Adults over 60 years of age should bear in mind that this activity demands good physical condition.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the trip itinerary may vary. If so, it will be notified in advance.
- “Guru Explorers” values your time and strives to respect the tour schedule; however, they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
Terms and Conditions
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Rates applied for change of date in group tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- Subject to availability.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature. We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Humantay Lake tour. If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to the Humantay Lake? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER