Full day Tour to Huacachina and Paracas (Ballestas Islands) + Pisco Distilery
Discover and live the most outstanding tours in Peru with the Huacachina and Paracas full day tour
This Full day Huacachina and Paracas (Ballestas Islands) + Pisco Distilery allows you a walk through the Ballestas Islands of Paracas, in addition to discovering the process of making pisco in the oldest winery in America; and at sunset of this day of adventures, you enjoy in the middle of a real oasis in the beautiful Huacachina.
Attractions to visit:
Ballestas Islands of Paracas
In the Paracas Natural Reserve you take a tour between small rocky islands that are a sanctuary for thousands of seabirds and hundreds of sea lions. There are more than 150 species of seabirds, such as the Humboldt Penguin (in danger of extinction), pelicans, boobies, among others.
You will learn about the history and facilities of the oldest distillery in America, La Caravedo, located in Ica; known for producing the famous Pisco Portón. You will learn about the Peruvian Pisco production process on a tour of the old winery and part of the modern distillery.
It is a small tourist town built around a picturesque lake, in the middle of the desert, calling itself the Oasis of Huacachina or Oasis of America, known for its imposing dunes, where they practice activities such as sandboarding and walking with the sandboxes.
Definitely a must see! A tour that in addition to enjoying, you can savor it.
Itinerary of the Huacachina and Paracas Tour:
05:30 – 09:15: Pick up from lodging - Transportation to Paracas
The adventure begins when our Guru Explorers representative meets you at your accommodation around 05:30, en route to the small town of Paracas (located south of Lima), a stop where you will have time to go to the bathroom and buy snacks.
10:00 – 12:00 : Ballestas Islands Tour
At the Chaco dock (Muelle de Chaco), in the town of Paracas, you board a private boat heading to the Ballestas Islands to see a diversity of birds such as pelicans, the guanay, the Peruvian booby; as well as sea caves, cliffs and rocky beaches; among other diversity of fauna protected by being in danger of extinction like the Humboldt Penguins.
In the tour of about 2 hours, you also get to know one of the enigmatic Nazca lines, El Candelabro, among other natural wonders.
After arriving in the boat, you will be able to know the artisan wealth of the Peruvian coast in the Paracas boulevard.
15:00 – 18:15 : Paracas - ICA - Lunch - La Caravedo Distillery
In the town of Ica you enjoy lunch, to go to the oldest distillery in America, La Caravedo, on a guided tour that allows you to discover the process of making the emblematic alcoholic beverage of Peru; as well as the history of this renowned factory. You will be able to know the original facilities from 1684 and enjoy the pisco tasting.
18:15 – 22:45: Huacachina – Return to Lima
In the afternoon you admire a unique sunset at the Huacachina Oasis, while you take the tour in the populated town, the beautiful lagoon and in the sandboxes, where you can practice sandboarding.
Once the tour is finished, after having captured the best photos, we return to the city of Lima with an approximate arrival time of 10:45 p.m.
For you to enjoy the most, at Guru Explores we adapt the itinerary schedules; as well as the activities to be carried out. You can make adjustments that are necessary so that you have the best experience.
At Guru Explorers we have learned that life is an adventure that only you can create. Let's set the date!
Price of the Huacachina and Paracas Tour includes:
- Transfers Lima - Paracas - Huacachina - Lima
- Professional guide in English and Spanish (other languages are available on private tours).
- Tour to the Ballestas Islands (life jacket & guide)
- Tour to the Pisco Distillery
- Tour in the Sandbuggy and Sandboarding in Huacachina
- All entrance tickets or fees (SERNANP, Bodega, Islas Ballestas, Huacachina, Muelle del Chaco)
- First aid and oxygen.
Price of the Huacachina and Paracas Tour excludes:
- Tips for the guide
- Professional sandboarding equipment
- Meals & Beverages
What to Bring
What to bring to the Huacachina and Paracas Tour?
- Choose comfortable shoes, jacket, caps or hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, light clothing.
- Passport or DNI.
- Travel insurance.
- Devices for audiovisual recording (cell phone, camera, video cameras)
- Cash (local currency)
What considerations should you have when doing the Huacachina and Paracas Tour?
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors, beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, it will be notified promptly.
- Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however they may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field or road conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Terms and Conditions
- More than 7 days, 90% is refunded.
- Between 4 and 7 days of notification, 70% is refunded.
- Within 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- Rates applied for change of date in private tours:
- There will be no extra charge if you notify more than 5 days in advance.
- If notified between 3 and 5 days in advance, an additional charge of 20% will apply.
- If you notify within 2 days or less in advance, it will not be possible to make the change and it will not be subject to a refund.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
The experience that makes you live the beauty of this mountain of colors is inexplicable, it is really a personal encounter between you and nature.
We want to be part of that experience that you will live in the Tour to Huacachina and Paracas.
If you are still wondering why choose us? We would like you to read 7 outstanding characteristics of our service:
When you go to a teacher, it is because you want to answer all the questions. In a matter of travel, money, time and enjoyment, you have to choose the best options available and that is what “Guru Explorers” is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
To become “Guru Explorers”, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We lived bad and good experiences, valuing that the main difference lies in the details, so we know what elements are essential for your trip. We are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
We are here to provide you with the best and most accurate information and description of our tours. We are not supporters of hidden costs, that is why we provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
You entrust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine-tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
Although we have pre-established packages; they can be adapted to your needs and to make plans that are suited to you, so that you can visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of “Guru Explorers”. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate trips, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sports event during your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; That makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for yourself and those you love.
We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive it or their environment. We create more human and respectful experiences of Heritage.
Do you want a different trip to Huacachina and Paracas? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER