Machu Picchu with Machu Picchu Mountain
¿ What are you waiting for to enjoy a magical trip to Machu Picchu with an additional trek to Machu Picchu mountain?
If you are looking for an unforgettable trip to Machu Picchu with the best activities included, you cannot miss this complete tour. This excursion includes the basic tour of the Citadel, where you will have a guided walk through the most emblematic sites of the Inca empire. Then, you will be able to go to Machu Picchu Mountain, one of the most amazing and with the best panoramic views.
This hike will test your endurance, and you will be able to discover sites that are not possible to see with other regular tours to Machu Picchu. At the top you will have the opportunity to take many photos and admire the incredible scenery surrounding the ancient Inca ruins.
The Machu Picchu mountain has approximately four hours of walking, being one of the favorite paths for those seeking to take advantage of the circuit in the Citadel. Its views are on the opposite side of Huayna Picchu, offering a unique panorama of the natural landscape that combines with the Inca ruins.
Its elevation is 2720 meters above sea level, 300 meters higher than Inca City. The road is paved with rocks that form a steep path more than 500 years old.
If you would like to know more about additional treks to Machu Picchu, click here.
We invite you to see the photos that illustrate the incredible landscapes that you will see on your next trip, and the itinerary with all the activities that are waiting for you.
¡Don’t miss it!
Machu Picchu Tour Itinerary with Machu Picchu Mountain:
4:00 - 7:00: Departure from Cusco
The trip begins with your transfer to Ollantaytambo, where you will board the train to Aguas Calientes.
Once we arrive at this village, we will board the tourist bus to the Machu Picchu Citadel where the guide will be waiting for you.... How exciting!
7:00 - 15:00: Citadel's Tour
Once we enter Machu Picchu, we will make the guided tour through ancient constructions, but with a perfect state of preservation. After that, you will have the opportunity to walk around and take lots of pictures.
15:00 - 21:00: Machu Picchu Mountain Tour and return to Cusco.
After having enjoyed the walk through the Citadel, you can make the ascent to Machu Picchu Mountain. The tour will not be as complex as Huchuy Picchu, but its panoramic views have nothing to envy.
Once descended from the mountain, we will return to Aguas Calientes and then by train to Ollantaytambo. Afterwards, we will return to your hotel in Cusco using private transportation.
The price of the Machu Picchu Tour with Machu Picchu Mountain includes:
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu Mountain + Circuito 3
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish, English, Portuguese)
- Private guided tour in Circuito 3 (Machu Picchu)
- Train tickets (round way)
- Tourist bus ticket (up and down)
The price of the Machu Picchu Tour with Machu Picchu Mountain does not include:
- Machu Picchu Llaqta Ticket (Circuito 1 o 2)
What to Bring
What to bring for the Machu Picchu with Machu Picchu Mountain Tour:
- Choose comfortable and optimal footwear for hiking, warm jacket, caps or hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, clothes or poncho for rain (especially in November - April).
- Passport or ID card.
- Travel insurance.
- Audiovisual recording devices (cell phone, camera, video cameras).
- Cash (preferably Soles).
Considerations for the Machu Picchu with Machu Picchu Mountain Tour:
- You must be in reasonable physical condition to do the tour.
- It is important that you enjoy a few days in Cusco before doing the tour; only then your body will be adapted to the altitude of the region.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years old. Adults over 60 years old must take into account that this activity demands to be in good physical condition.
- Due to environmental, climatic or other factors beyond our control, the itinerary of the trip may vary. If so, we will notify you in due time.
- Guru Explorers value your time and strive to respect the tour schedule; however, it may vary for reasons beyond our control (weather, natural disasters, field conditions, among other demonstrable reasons). We will do our best to offer efficient options and solutions for your enjoyment.
- Large suitcases or bags.
Terms and Conditions
- Take the following into account:
- The Ministry of Culture does not make refunds for the entrance to Machu Picchu, Montaña Machu Picchu or Montaña Huaynapicchu.
- The train company charges an administrative fee of 10% for cancellations.
- Cancellations within 11 days or more in advance, a penalty of 90 USD per person will be charged, which includes administrative concepts, entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and train company fee.
- Cancellations with 4 to 10 days in advance, will receive 50% of the amount paid.
- Cancellations with 3 days or less in advance, there will be no refund.
- There are no refunds for entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Take the following into account:
- Date changes are subject to the availability of train tickets and entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Price difference will be charged for train tickets, if applicable. (Guru Explorers does its best to avoid increases)
- In the event of the new date of the tour to Machu Picchu is in a different year from the original, the ticket will be lost and an additional 50 USD per person will be charged to buy a new one.
- For changes of dates notified 11 days or more in advance, an additional charge of 15% will apply, which includes change fee for the entrance to Machu Picchu and the train company.
- For changes of dates notified 4 to 10 days or more in advance, an additional charge of 25% will apply, which includes a change fee for the entrance to Machu Picchu and the train company.
- It will not be possible to make date changes 3 days or less in advance.
- There will be no refund in case of delayed flights, train delays, bad weather or other external factors.
Why choose us
We want to be part of that experience where you will be amazed by the Machu Picchu tour with Machu Picchu Mountain.
If you are still wondering why choose us, we would like you to read 7 outstanding features of our service:
QUALITY: When you go to a teacher, it's because you want to answer all the questions. When it comes to travel, money, time and enjoyment there is a lot to be solved and that's what Guru Explorers is all about, giving you the perfect balance for the adventure you DESERVE.
EXPERIENCE: To become Guru Explorers, we are still world travelers, but experts in Cusco, Lima, and the most important destinations in Peru. We live bad and good experiences, valuing that in the details is the difference, that's why we know what elements are essential for your trip, we are travelers and we strive to enhance your experience!
TRANSPARENCY: We are here to provide you with the best information and description of our tours. We are not in favor of hidden costs. We provide the necessary information so you can choose the inclusions or upgrades you are looking for.
SECURITY: You trust us with your time, your money and your expectations and that is why we fine tune every detail to guarantee the trip you dream of.
FLEXIBILITY: Although we have pre-established packages; we adapt to your needs and make tailor-made plans for you to visit any place in Peru, with the expertise of a Guru Explorers. We adapt trips for special occasions such as your corporate travel, honeymoon, birthday, social, cultural or sporting event in your visit to Peru, offering you complete advice to achieve and exceed your expectations.
PASSION: Before being tour guides, we are travelers, explorers, adventurers; that makes us passionate about creating the best experiences in the time you invest for you and your loved ones.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We promote Responsible and Sustainable Tourism, not affecting the traveler, nor exploiting the communities that receive them or their environment. We create experiences that are more humane and respectful of heritage.
¿ Want a different trip to Machu Picchu? We won't keep you waiting!
Need help planning that long-awaited trip?
WE DESIGN YOUR EXPERIENCE IN PERU TOGETHER